Saturday, July 25, 2009

My friend is selling Snow Glass Apples


The person who introduced me to Poppets knew Poppets through Neil Gaiman. I know Neil Gaiman through Poppets ( or at least I know Neil Gaiman better because of Poppets)

It's a bit like a tail eating dragon. All the Poppets and Lisa and writing are in my life because of him/ But my friend who loves his Gaiman feels the need to part with prized posessions and one of those items is this:


This is description as provided:

This incredible looking book contains the text of the radio play version of Neil Gaiman's short story "Snow Glass Apples". Comes complete with slip case.

From the colophon:

"Snow Glass Apples, A play for voices; was printed in a limited edition of 250 signed and numbered copies of which this is number 189. Additional proof and author copies were made and are lettered from A-Z. This book is printed on archival paper using wood engravings, letterpress and lithographic techniques. The engravings were impressed directly onto handmade Japanese paper by the artist from the original end grain maple wood blocks... The binding is hand sewn and cased into cloth covered boards. 2002 Biting Dog Press."

Wood engravings by George Walker, and introduction by Professor Jack Zipes.

This is my friend and something that mattered to him, and he matters a great deal to me so I hope that his Apples find a place that will love them as much as he does.

You can find the sale here.

Tell anyone who might want some apples.

No comments: